What is exercise category?
Exercise category defines specifics of a particular exercise.
Depending on exercise category exercise data table may look different. For example, you will enter only additional weight [+weight] for Weighted Bodyweight category exercise, instead of additional weight and body weight sum.
There are 9 exercise categories:
- Free Weights [barbell movements]
- Splits [movements, which require to hold weights separately; Dumbbell Flyes for ex.]
- Single Arm / Leg [single side movements; Dumbbell Lunges for ex]
- Assisted Bodyweight [movements, which require special machines to lower resistance coming from body weight; Assisted Pull-up, for ex.]
- Bodyweight [body weight movements; Pull-up for ex.]. Note: for exercises in Bodyweight category you only need to update bodyweight value once, and all other sets will be updated automatically.
- Weighted Bodyweight [movements, which require additional weight to increase resistance coming from body weight; Weighted Pull-up, for ex.]
- Reps Only [movements, which do not require weights; Ab Roller for ex.]
- Cardio [activities, which require to track distance or time; Plank for ex.]