Reps per set chart
Reps per set chart represents training outcome dynamics over particular period.
ironGAINS app distributes all your sets by the number of reps per set:
- low reps set [1-5 reps per set]
- moderate reps set [6-15 reps per set]
- high reps set [15+ reps per set]
It is assumed, that training in different repetitions ranges will result in different training outcomes, that is:
- low reps will contribute for muscle strength mostly
- moderate reps will contribute for muscle size mostly
- and high reps will contribute for muscle endurance mostly
If you perform sets in different reps ranges for particular exercise in particular workout session, ironGAINS will calculate reps per set average. For example, over the last workout session you have completed three Bench Press sets:
Set 1: 65 x 8,
Set 2: 95 x 6,
Set 3: 105 x 5;
in this case, reps per set for the Bench Press will be (8 + 6 + 5) / 3 = 6.3. It will be assumed, that your last Bench Press workout has contributed for muscle size mostly.